Wednesday, November 19, 2014

So tempting...

The pretty yarn I received in the recent swap was calling out for a piece of the action.

This stuff is gorgeous with so many shades of green and blue which were not immediately obvious in the hank. 

I had a lot of fun on Friday winding the ball so I could begin work on something other than foot wear!


Not one to be deterred by the lack of implements in the right length, I got to work on a straight needle so I could see how the pattern would look in this yarn. I had only been dreaming about the yarn/pattern combination for 2 weeks.
Sure is shines - that would be the silk.

Saturday there was a shopping expedition to I collect the correct size needle in a circular of a certain length to contain the ever multiplying stitches - look it's working. 
This picture is closest to true colours.

This is a fun and interesting adventure with the beautiful colours in this soft squishy yarn.
Pattern - Mystery Benefactor design by Kelly Brooker
Yarn - Sweetgeorgia - merino/silk fine in the Deep cove colour

I love the way shawls grow at the beginning when working top down so you can see the pretty pattern take shape. Now I'm around halfway through the ball of yarn, with 300 stitches on each row, things have slowed considerably! The instructions are for using the entire hank so this will definitely be a warm layer for when winter visits here again.

Hope your week is full of fun in your favourite colours.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Looking beautiful, love the colour.

mamasmercantile said...

A real delight the yarn is stunning.

Shay said...

Wow. That colour is just stunning. You'd never know how variegated it was from looking at that ball of yarn. Lovely!

300 stitches ? That makes me tired just thinking about it.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

I love that yarn - the colour once you start knitting up is divine.

kymann said...

Welcome to my world! 300 is only 120 stitches less than Boxy! I guess your beautiful pattern makes up for it. It looks stunning.

marina said...

very pretty yarn and the colour pattern is great.
keep those needles clicking