Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Oooh - Shiny

I was lucky enough to accompany friends last weekend on a little yarn trip to Bendigo where our destination was the Woollen Mills.
I picked up some new yarn from the back room - Athena 4 ply in the Ice Blue colourway, along with other goodies. The Athena is a lovely mix of Wool, silk and bamboo and turns out to be delightful to knit with. Lucky as I managed to snag another colour too!

Unable to contain myself I cast on just as soon as I could to make another mitt in this pretty lacy pattern.
Today there was a little train knitting, the mitt is working up quickly.

I may soon be looking for some one handed people as it appears I am incapable of completing pairs this month?!>#@?

May your hands be cosy wrapped in a little luxury.


7 comments:

Anita said...

Oh yes...that is a lovely
pattern. Very cool.
Cheers, Anita.

Shay said...

I love that you get as distracted by shiny things as I do.

Perhaps you could gift one mitt for Christmas and another for the birthday?

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful yarn and a delightful pattern.

Wendy said...

Beautiful knitting, lovely yarn and pattern.

Christine M said...

Maybe you could wear odd mitts like my boys wear odd socks!

Maria said...

I like what Christine said !! Nice pattern you are knitting..

Michelle Ridgway said...

That is such a pretty pattern. You are so clever x