Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hearts and flowers for spring

 A couple of weeks back a bag of crochet cotton came into my possession. It just happened to be something I had been looking out for, a lovely range of 1970's colours in a thin weight. I thought they would work well for an ageing project that's been patiently waiting for a little injection of colour. I haven't yet pulled out said aged project but I decided to have a play with some of the colours anyway.

A little Christmas crafting.
What about three colours together?

Pretty new coasters for Spring in all the colours.
Various crochet cottons, most unlabeled, and my 1.5mm hook - using Mandala pattern found here.

These have been multiplying while I neglect to finish all the half started things.

I hope I have some colours left for the ageing project when I'm done with these little beauties!
Would you use these on your table?

There's something new growing in my project bag too - among the neglected projects.

Wishing you all the colours in your creative place this week.

14 comments:

kymann said...

Love the colours! You're right, so 70's. Definitely would use these. You should rest your cup of tea on one of them all the time.

mamasmercantile said...

Such bright vibrant colours, they are beautiful.

barb's creations said...

Beautiful colours, thanks for the source of the pattern and I look forward to seeing the big reveal of the aging project when it's done :) Barb.

Shay said...

Quack Quack? Is that a duck?

Jindi's Cottage said...

How does your garden grow! Pretty flowers. So Shay thinks duck and my first thought was giraffe...interesting whatever it is growing out of your project bag there...

Christine M said...

Your flowers are very pretty. I thought that last one may be a duck too.

Fiona said...

oh wow.. those are so beautiful...
Hugz

Fiona said...

oh wow.. those are so beautiful...
Hugz

marina said...

they look gorgeous and I love all the colours...
looks like you are definitely inspired to complete that ageing project, hope we see it soon.

Preeti said...

Pretty flowers!! Lovely colors:)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love these

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love the little heart mandalas. Pretty! I've been making lots and lots, too. So satisfying. Best wishes, Tammy

Wendy said...

Your mandalas are gorgeous, beautiful colours!

Katherine said...

Gorgeous! WOuld be very hard to pick a favourite