Monday, September 1, 2014

August Finishes

It appears August was a good month for finishing projects including a bigger one that had been on the needles for a while. Cape I'm looking at you!
Coffee Cape in Bendigo woollen mills Classic 8 ply Java
(There will be a post dedicated to this project soon)
The baby blanket was nice change of pace - the design is very rhythmic and the colours really were just a lucky dip from the 4 ply cotton stash. I already mentioned that I am ridiculously happy with this one and luckily I don't need to send it out immediately so I am enjoying looking at it draped over the chair while it waits for a bath.
Round ripple afghan in 4 ply cotton with a 3 mm hook
I whipped up this little Mandala while out and about on Friday with leftover cottons from the baby blanket. There is another of these using different colours but it was sent on its way before I thought to get a picture.
I think I'll use this one for a coaster or candle mat.
Pattern from here
Look here - two socks from the same pattern and yarn! I finished the first pair of the Father's socks with a whole week to spare. I will deliver them next Sunday when I venture out to say Happy Father's Day.
I enjoyed both the pattern and the yarn on these. I really like all the colours and have enough yarn left to make some for me, Yay!
Forbidden City socks design by Qianer in Regia Design line - Eggplant 
There were two more pairs of mitts this month, I have to say the portability of these projects makes them perfect for working on while travelling. 

Bendigo woollen mills - Luxury 4 ply - Purple Storm - a new design in the making
These Blue Caracao mitts used up some unlabelled 100% wool yarn and they are thick and warm all ready for next winter.
Baranduin Mitts by Amora Designs

Cables have been the flavour of my knitting this winter - I see that all of the knitting projects here included cables and yet they all have a different look about them.

Maybe Spring will see me change direction or not?

Wishing you a wonderful September.

10 comments:

marina said...

beautiful projects completed Tracee.
You are a wonder with those needles and hook!
So much work with those cables they are all wonderful.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful projects completed, but the cape is amazing a real masterpiece I love it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are totally amazing.....gorgeous finishes....

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous projects Tracey..you are a wonder!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That cape looks so lovely. Wow! Your projects are a whole lot more advanced than what I'm making. Ha! Lots of great finishes in August. Happy September! Tammy

Christine M said...

Great finishes, Tracey.

Shay said...

The cape may have been on the needles for a while but look at the gorgeous end result. Lovely!
Fabulous mitts and socks too. Hopefully you’ll get some cooler weather yet to make use of them. Spring popped up last week here and gave us a taste of sun but decided to hide again this week.

Fiona said...

You've done really well this month. There is a lot of stitches in all those projects... and wonderful ones they are too....
Hugz

kymann said...

What a productive month! So glad to see the socks finished! Everything is so beautiful and that blanket is mesmerising!

Katherine said...

Gorgeous finishes