Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Making progress

The blanket is growing nicely with all the pretty colours.
Such a fun relaxing project. 

The brown blob in the centre is the Father's next sock. It's true I only finished one of the last pair but I sent that home with the Mother a couple of weeks ago for a fitting and while I got confirmation that it is the right size I didn't keep good enough notes to make another one to match without having the first one to refer to!
The Father is having a birthday next week so I decided it was time for a personal challenge. I intend to finish a pair before the day. This is the leg section of the first sock, instead of moving immediately onto the foot I have cast on the second sock and will work on the leg of that one while I am out and about this afternoon.
He will get a much anticipated pair of socks - eventually.
Lucky I work well with a deadline.

Anybody else out there leave things until the last minute?

Hope the sun is shining in your corner today.

11 comments:

Christine M said...

Your blanket is looking great. Good luck with the socks!

mamasmercantile said...

I always work well with a deadline, so good luck with the sock. The blanket is a delight, loving the colour combination.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I always leave things to the last minute and wish I wouldn't but can't seem to help myself. Procrastination is my middle name. :) Lovely blanket. Good luck getting the socks done. Tammy

kymann said...

Pretty pretty pretty, lucky father x

Maria said...

The blanket is growing nicely.
I am sure you will get your dad's socks knitted in time.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Beautiful blanket Trace,,,

Shay said...

I have complete faith that you can finish the socks before the deadline. Ive seen you pull off amazing feats before.

I am constantly leaving things until the last minute, in fact, my work day today is going to be full of playing catch up for that very reason!

Zauberflink said...

Your blanket is just lovely! Good luck with the socks :-)

Katherine said...

Love the rug! It looks brilliant.








sajuki said...

Great !
Greetings from Poland :)
Katarzyna


www.sajuki.blogspot.com

elizabeth said...

what a beautiful blanket!!! love the colours! a deadline can really help also, I have found! :)