Monday, July 28, 2014

Looking different

Recycling the yarn from the misshapen mitts, I made this pretty red one that fits.
Now I just need to make her a matching one, while this pattern is very effective it takes a lot of concentration so I can only work on it at home. Fortunately there was nothing pressing on the agenda yesterday so I made a start on the second one. 
I'm confident there will still be some cool days to wear mitts when I am done with these, because they will be mine.

Red and shiny - Bendigo woollen mills Luxury 4 ply in Brick
Saturday a friend and I went to see the sea and while the day was mostly overcast and drizzly, before we left to come back the sun came out brightening things up a little, there was of course no change in the temperature which was definitely on the cool side.

Point Lonsdale pier

I needed a simple project for working on while being the passenger so I started this cable mitt using more of the Bendigo Serenade, this yarn works up beautifully making a lovely fabric. I'm going to be a bit disappointed when this ball is finished as this yarn is no longer available.
 Another mitt waiting for a partner!
Thank you to those who provided measurements on this post the information is most useful and proves what I thought, my wrist/ratio is quite unusual. There is still time to leave a comment there if you are interested in being in the draw for a pair of mitts made by me. 
I'll close it Thursday and draw a winner Friday.

Hope your Monday has been sunny.

4 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Pretty pattern on the red mitt...interesting blues in the Pt Lonsdale pic...

Jodie said...

A bit of sun today but yes, still weather for mitts and hats and scarves.

Fiona said...

love your brick coloured mitt and feel for you coming to the end of the grey... I feel like that sometimes about a loved fabric!!!
Hugz

Christine M said...

I love that red wool you are using. That is a beautiful photo of the pier.