Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Yarn goodness

Busy with yarn and hook putting together this collar and mittens set.

The yarn is a lovely golden brown colour, I know it doesn't look like that in the picture, as it is a tencel mix it is very soft and snuggly.

The gorgeous green bamboo yarn became this pretty froggie dishcloth.

The pattern for this is a freebie over at frogiez place - she has lots of other free knit patterns there too just check the list on the side bar. It was very easy to follow and turned out just like the picture - amazing really.
I started on some more mitts today at my craft group, this time in a pretty mohair mix, I want to keep them for me but these are all contributions for family birthday season.
Hope there is some snuggly warmth in your world this week.

9 comments:

Teresa said...

ooooh I love your collar and mittens set and the frog dishcloth is divine. Do you think a beginner could do that dishcloth? You are very clever :)

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh that dishcloth is so cute! What lucky family members getting handmade gifts.

Shay said...

Now that I've seen this post I really must get some gloves or mittens for winter. Yours look so pretty ! Someone in your family is going to be thrilled.

You know those gorgeous dishcloths you do ?I have one and I cant bear to use it for washing dishes. I know-Im a freak.

You;re burning up with creaticity at the moment. Go Girl!

Marg said...

The collar and mittens are lovely and they must be so soft.
Love the dishcloth, very cute.

Barb said...

You are so right...yarn goodness is the word of the day!!!

Serenata said...

Great dishcloth and lovely snuggly scarf.

marina said...

lovely scarf and mittens.
Gorgeous washcloth, now that's one I definitly would be a look only at my place.

Melody said...

Gosh it really is scarf and gloves time here in Victoria. Yours look great.

Jantine said...

This dish cloth is great!